TBE – Technical bid evaluation is a document for evaluating vendors or manufacturers. When client or purchaser get some offers from pump’s manufacturer, they need to review vendor’s offer.
How to check and evaluate an offer:
- At the first stage we should check number of pumps and tag number of each pumps in the offer.
- Then some major documents which must be submitted by vendor should be checked. These documents are data sheet and curve, general arrangement, deviation list, and etc.
- Some main items of the pumps must be checked. These items shall be compatible with API 610 requirements. We show some of them below:
- Pump type: OH type, BB type, VS type.
- NPSH required or NPSH3
- Preffered and alloable operating region.
- Minimum flow rate.
- Rated power
4. When we check all the offer then issue a technical clarification sheet or letter (TCS or TCL). Purchaser send this document to vendor and the vendor edits his offer based on our comments and opinions.
5. After several steps of clarification, we can issue a document for final evaluating of the vendor’s offer. This document is called TBE – Technical bid evaluation.
How prepare a TBE:
When we want to buy a pump, first we should know this pump where to work.
If you apply the pump in a process plant such as oil and gas processing, it is required to design as per API 610 and if it works in general services such as drinking water of plant you may design the pump as per ISO 5199 otherwise you can design it as per API 610.
Every company has a TBE format for itself but a TBE normally contains the main technical points related to pump standard.
These technical points are the same items that have been checked and reviewed during technical clarification stage.
final evaluating is too important stage. because we must select the best offer.
We put some TBE – Technical bid evaluation sample format for you at the below.
We have many experiences in TBE and we can help you to select the best vendor.
Please send us your vendor’s offers, then we can check your work.
The stages of our cooperation with you regarding TBE and TCL are as follows:
- You send us your revised offers from vendors.
- We provide a TCL for each of the offers and send it you.
- After closing all the main items of TCL, we issue a TBE.